If you don’t know how to write a check, you are not alone. There are many reasons why people do not know how to write a check.
Some of the reasons are:
- They were never taught in school
- Their parents never taught them how to write a check
- They are new to this country
- Their parents, spouse, or someone else has always taken care of their finances for them
- They never needed a checking account until now
- They had a checking account a long time ago and have forgotten how to use one
In this post, I am including some resources that will help you learn how to write a check.
Check Book Basics – This booklet is provided by Consumer Debit Resource.
You will need Adobe Reader to open this document. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, you can download a free copy here.
Below is a sample of how to write a check. The picture explains what to write in each spot on a check.
I hope this helps.
Check back often because I will be covering a wide range of topics on this site.